ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SJCS School Advisory Board (SAB) meets to discuss educational issues and act on items requiring board approval. The SJCS SAB is an advisory board charged with advising the Principcal and Pastor in the development of policies and planning to guide academic, student, school management, development and faith community issues; to assist in the development of a long-range strategic plan and to monitor the strategic plan.
The School Advisory Board is not responsible for:
- Acting as a grievance committee or conciliators for any group or party
- Hiring, evaluating or terminating faculty and staff; nor do they advise the Principal on personnel matters.
- Administering the school or telling the Principal how to administer the school.
- Implementing policies and procedures.
The board is made up of elected members, chosen by the SAB. Elected members serve a term of three years and are term-limited to 2 terms. The president of Home and School also serves on the SAB in a non-voting capacity. There are several committees led by board members, including Publicity and Marketing, Long-Term Planning, Finance, and Maintenance and Grounds. Each of these committees report to the entire board.
Should you have any concerns regarding the school, please contact the Principal - email@example.com.
SCHOOL ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Pastor - Fr. Brian LaBurt
- Principal - Cheri Charter
- Chairperson - Dr. Sheryl Dassinger
- Secretary - Courtney Gooding