Welcome to South Georgia and the home of Moody Air Force Base. We hope you and your family will enjoy your tour of duty in this community.
The Military Child Education Program was established to assist military personnel and/or their families with information and resources intended to ease the transition of dependent children from one duty location to the next and to:
- Advocate for the educational needs of military children and will assist Airmen and families with information and referral regarding local school districts and other educational options including homeschooling, private schools, charter schools, and cyber/virtual schools.
- Ensure school personnel (e.g., classroom teachers, guidance counselors, and senior school officials) are aware of the unique issues impacting military children (e.g., deployments, frequent moves, etc).
- Monitor any significant changes in the dependent child's school demographics that may affect Federal funding formulas to local education agencies
- Manage the Request for Excused Absence available under the Georgia Military Family Act (Georgia Code 20-2-692.1). This provision allows children to spend up to 5 days (excused absences) of quality time with a parent before OR after deployment to a war zone
- Assist personnel and/or families resolve problems that were not solved after using the school chain of command
- Manage the administrative and logistical aspects of the Moody School Board Liaison Committee
Moody Air Force Base School Liaison: