ApplICATION & ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN FOR the 2020-2021 school year!
Early Enrollment Extended Through March 31, 2020
If you have any questions about enrolling your student(s), please give us a call at (229) 244-2556.
Parents wishing to enroll child(ren) at St. John Catholic School must meet the admissions requirements and complete an enrollment application. The application will be reviewed and an interview with the family will be held. If accepted, the family will need to pay the registration fee and sign the enrollment agreement to hold the child(ren)’s spot.
For information on Tuition and Enrollment/Registration Fees, click here.
A full resource of school policies can be found in the St John Student Handbook.
Applications for the 2020 - 2021 school year are currently being accepted. There is a non-refundable registration fee to hold a student’s spot.
- Application Fee - $50
- Enrollment Fee
- New Student - $50
- Early Enrollment (Now - 3/31/20) Returning - $50
- Enrollment (beginning 4/1/20) Returning - $150
- Registration Fee (Due June 1)
- PK2 - PK3 - $150 per student
- PK4 - 8th Grade - $350 per student
- Activity Fee (Due June 1)
- Per Family - $150
St. John Catholic School admits students of any race, religion, gender, or national origin. The School does not prevent any student from participating in the curriculum at his or her grade level. In addition, St. John Catholic School is registered with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to admit non-immigrant student exchange visitors.
At SJCS, age is the primary consideration for admission into preschool and primary grades.
- K-3 students must be 3 on or before September 1.
- K-4 students must be 4 on or before September 1.
- K-5 students must be 5 on or before September 1.
- 1st-grade students must be 6 on or before September 1.
Students are admitted to St. John Catholic School using the following admission priorities:
- Present students attending St. John Catholic School
- New students from St. John parish families
- Children of currently employed faculty and staff of St. John Catholic School
- Non-Catholic students
See enrollment page for deadlines and application.
St. John parish families shall be defined as those registered at St. John Church who actively contribute by way of time, talent, and treasure to St. John Church. The school, through the church offices, may obtain verification of these contributions at any time. Non-compliance will result in loss of student’s classification as a Catholic parishioner, and tuition rates will be affected. Families moving from another Catholic parish to St. John’s may qualify by providing documentation of their active contributing status from their former parish, registering at the church office, attending Mass weekly, and using envelopes.
Those parents who wish to register a new student for grades one through eight must submit the previous year’s report card from the former school, including notification of any special needs the child may have. Further testing may be required.
State law requires parents to submit a certificate of immunization against polio, MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), and DPT. Please see the following form for all the immunization requirements.
During times of high enrollment demand, a waiting list will be in effect. All students desiring admission will be placed on the list in order of initial application dates. The previous admission priorities and policies will take precedence, and drawing of names from the waiting list will fill individual classes.
To ensure that the waiting list accurately reflects those desiring admission, the following shall apply:
- No child may register more than three years in advance of the anticipated first day of school.
- A non-refundable $50.00 fee shall be collected per child when a name is placed on the list.
- If a child is placed into a class opening, the waiting list fee shall be applied towards the registration fee.
- Children of Catholic parishioners may leave their names on the waiting list indefinitely until they request the removal of the name or until placement occurs. The paid fee shall carry over to following years.
- If a child of Catholic parishioners is offered a class placement but declines, that child’s name shall be placed at the bottom of the waiting list.
- Non-Catholics who decline an offered class placement shall be removed from the waiting list.