Title: Substitue Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their God given academic potential.
- Complies with policies and procedures established for St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in the Diocese of Savannah in accordance with the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Has an overall knowledge of the school’s mission and can relate specific expertise to these goals.
- Reflects in personal and professional life a commitment to Gospel values and their Christian tradition.
- Accepts and supports the community of faith not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived in worship, service, and interpersonal relationships.
- Is punctual in attendance and in the performance of regular duties.
- Dresses in a professional manner.
- Delivers lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Uses relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Prepares classroom for class activities.
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Demonstrates preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by building principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years-of-age.
- Hold a high school diploma.
- Have completed level 2 background check and fingerprinting.
- Have signed a Code of Conduct.
- Have completed VIRTUS Training for volunteers.
Terms of Employment: On Call, As Needed Basis
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application, by clicking here and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be required to submit three (3) Confidential Reference Forms, which you can find here.