Title: School Medical Assistant
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To administer and supervise healthcare for students on a daily basis and to manage and maintain medial records and supplies.
- Complies with policies and procedures established for St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in the Diocese of Savannah in accordance with the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Has an overall knowledge of the school’s mission and can relate specific expertise to these goals.
- Reflects in personal and professional life a commitment to Gospel values and their Christian tradition.
- Accepts and supports Faith Community not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived in worship, service and interpersonal relationships.
- Is punctual in attendance and in the performance of regular duties.
- Dresses in a professional manner.
- Follows Diocesan policies on medical matters.
- Provides first aid and medical treatment to students on an emergency basis.
- Administers medication as needed to students and alerts parents if necessary.
- Makes sure all prescription medication forms are properly filled out and signed by a physician.
- Maintains daily medication logs.
- Keeps all Immunization records up to date.
- Complies with state laws and attend audit of records.
- Coordinates appropriate screenings (hearing, vision, scoliosis).
- Monitors blood glucose and administer insulin as directed by the physician’s orders.
- Maintains students’ daily attendance and contact parents if they have not notified the school of an absence.
- Performs lice checks when necessary.
- Educates teachers and students about diseases (bloodborne pathogens) and cleanliness.
- Keeps general medication stocked and equipment in working order.
- Assumes all other duties as assigned by the principal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years-of-age.
- Hold a high school diploma.
- Have completed level 2 background check and fingerprinting.
- Have signed a Code of Conduct.
- Have completed VIRTUS Training for volunteers.
Terms of Employment: 190 days
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application, by clicking here and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be required to submit three (3) Confidential Reference Forms, which you can find here.