Reports to: Supervising Teacher and the Principal
Job Goal: To assist the classroom teacher in providing appropriate learning experience and educational
opportunities for students.
- Complies with policies and procedures established for St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in the Diocese of Savannah in accordance with the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Has an overall knowledge of the school’s mission and can relate specific expertise to these goals.
- Reflects in personal and professional life a commitment to Gospel values and their Christian tradition.
- Accepts and supports Faith Community not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived in worship, service and interpersonal relationships.
- Is punctual in attendance and in the performance of regular duties.
- Dresses in a professional manner.
- Supervises children at all times.
- Instructs students in all academic areas based on the Diocesan guidelines.
- Demonstrates a style of teaching that would respect the individuality of each student and that would foster a positive learning environment.
- Assists with the administration of standardized tests.
- Cooperatively plans lessons with the classroom teacher.
- Assumes specified duties within the daily routine of the school, i.e. lunch, recess, and morning and afternoon duties.
- Attends specified meetings and designated workshops.
- Serves on designated committees within the school.
- Assists with supervision on field trips and other approved class activities off of the school grounds.
- Assists with activities specific to grade level.
- Attends necessary evening meetings such as: Home and School Meetings, Open House, Diocesan Education Institute and any other required meetings.
- Accepts professional evaluation of performance.
- Assumes all other duties as directed by the teacher or principal.
Terms of Employment: 190 days First day of Preplanning - Last day of Preplanning
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application, by clicking here and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be required to submit three (3) Confidential Reference Forms, which you can find here.