Title: 50% Early Childhood Teacher or 4-8 ELA/SS
Reports to: Principal
Job Goal: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their God given academic potential.
- Complies with policies and procedures established for St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in the Diocese of Savannah in accordance with the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Has an overall knowledge of the school’s mission and can relate specific expertise to these goals.
- Reflects in personal and professional life a commitment to Gospel values and their Christian tradition.
- Accepts and supports the community of faith not simply as a concept to be taught, but as a reality to be lived in worship, service, and interpersonal relationships.
- Is punctual in attendance and in the performance of regular duties.
- Dresses in a professional manner.
- Plans, prepares and delivers lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures and Diocesan standards.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Uses relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provides appropriate feedback to students on work.
- Encourages and monitors the progress of individual students and uses information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, diocesan policies and school regulations.
- Prepares required reports on students and activities.
- Participates in department, school, diocesan and parent meetings.
- Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepares classroom for class activities.
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observes and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assigns and grades class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Demonstrates preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourages parent and community involvement, obtains information for parents when requested, promptly returns phone calls and answer emails.
- Participates in appropriate professional activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching
- Georgia state certification in teaching in appropriate subject area.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, diocese, and state.
Terms of Employment: Jan 4, 2021 - May 27, 2021. (97 days)
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the principal.
To apply for this position, please complete the Job Application, by clicking here and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be required to submit three (3) Confidential Reference Forms, which you can find here.